Very impressive, delicious and easy to make.
- 6 two-bite ® Apple Scones
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) spreadable cream cheese
- 1 small green or red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches (10 cm) from heat.
- Cut scones in half crosswise. Place cut side up on baking sheet.
- Broil about 1 minute or until golden. Cool.
- Spread cheese on cut surfaces using about 2 tsp (10 mL) each.
- Top each with 2 apple slices.
- Sprinkle nuts on top using about 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) each.
- Replace apple with pear.