An old-fashioned favorite with a chocolate bonus.
- 15 two-bite Vanilla Bean Scones
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 square (1 oz/28 g) semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Cut scones in half crosswise.
- In small bowl, whisk cream, sugar and cocoa together to blend. Chill 15 minutes.
- Beat cream to stiff peaks.
- Top bottom of scones with a generous spoonful of cream. Layer berries on top of cream. Cover with scone top.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of scones.
- Replace strawberries with raspberries.
- Replace semi-sweet chocolate with white chocolate.
- Omit drizzle and dust lightly with icing (confectioner’s) sugar.