Impress guests with this simple, yet sophisticated dessert.
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cream of tartar
- 1 cup (250 mL) fruit sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 8 two-bite ® Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons, finely chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) fresh raspberries
- Icing (confectioner’s) sugar
- Preheat oven to 275 F (140 C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make a 9” (23 cm) circle on underside of paper.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar to soft peaks. Add sugar 2 tbsp (30 mL) at a time, beating until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Beat in cornstarch and vinegar just until blended.
- Spoon egg white mixture onto prepared circle. With a spoon, form into a nest shape with hollow in center about 5 inches (12 cm) and sides about 1 inch (2.5 cm) high.
- Bake 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours or until crisp and golden. Cool completely on sheet on a rack.
- Beat cream to soft peaks. Fold in chopped macaroons. Spoon into meringue nest. Arrange berries on top. Sprinkle icing sugar lightly over raspberries just before serving.
- Prepare meringue a few days ahead.
- Fruit sugar is fine granulated sugar. Process regular granulated sugar in a food processor about 30 seconds to get the finer consistency