Add some sizzle to your July holiday with edible red, white and blue sparklers.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) white candy melts for coating (Merkens)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) blue candy melts for coating (Merkens)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) red candy melts for coating (Merckens)
- 12 two-bite® Vanilla Cupcakes
- Place candy melts in 3 separate small microwave-safe bowls. Microwave each bowl one at a time on high for 30 seconds. Stir then microwave 20 to 30 seconds longer or until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Transfer each to a disposable piping bag. Snip a small piece off the tip.
- On sheets of waxed paper or parchment, make 5” (12 cm) long sticks about 1/4” (5 mm) wide of each colour by piping back and forth in a zig zag pattern. Chill to set.
- Carefully insert sticks into frosting on cupcakes radiating out like a sparkler.
- Sparklers are fragile. Have them chilled and insert into frosting carefully. Don’t worry if some break the irregular pattern is great and you can always eat the rejects.