A chilly make-ahead dessert that’s ideal to have handy in your freezer for unexpected company.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipping (35%) cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing (confectioners) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) instant espresso coffee powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chocolate syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) two-bite® Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons, finely chopped and divided (6 macaroons)
- In a small bowl, beat cream, icing sugar and espresso powder on low speed of electric mixer until blended then beat on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in chocolate syrup and 1/2 cup (125 mL) macaroon crumbs.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbs evenly into 12 paper-lined muffin cups. Fill with cream mixture. Tap pan gently on counter to settle the mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumbs on top.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, unmold cups from paper liners to dessert plates. Let stand at room temperature about 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Prepare ahead. Store in the freezer so they are ready when you need them. Garnish with a chocolate covered coffee bean for a nice finishing touch.