Use fresh or frozen peaches when available but canned work well too.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled and diced fresh peaches
- 8 two-bite® Vanilla Bean Scones
- Whipped cream
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar and orange juice. Bring to a bowl stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in peaches and let marinate 30 to 90 minutes.
- Cut scones in half crosswise. Arrange 3 halves on each plate. Spoon peaches on top. Add a dollop of whipped cream and remaining scone half.
Marinate Time: 90 minutes
- Frozen and thawed or canned peaches can also be used.
- Add 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon if desired.
- Replace whipped cream with vanilla ice cream for another great taste.